Web-development is what I do
I am a freelance web-developer focused on creating engaging web experiences. Creating useful and relevant user interfaces is my passion, and something I take every opportunity I can to further my own knowledge and creativity.
Based in Fife, in bonny Scotland, I have been developing web-sites since 1998, and like to challenge myself with each new site I work on; developing a new technique to work with or using a new technology. In this way I have become proficient in many web development and graphics packages, although my main tool of choice will always be a text editor!
As you will be able to guess as you look around this site, I am the author of several open source libraries and applications which are useful for web-development. These projects include:
- Flexible jQuery plug-in for HTML tables
- Well documented, suitable for new and experienced developers
- Building a strong community for developer support and plug-ins creation
Created plug-ins such as
- Overlay tools such as a customisable grid and rulers on any web-page
It really is incredibly powerful -
- Use IE style conditional comments inline with style-sheets
- Target any browser with specific CSS to get around those awkward rendering bugs
- Several feature identical deployment options: C, C# and PHP
It is as bomb-proof as wearing a steel hat in an concrete bunker -
- View events attached to DOM elements visually
- Useful for debugging event driven code - particularly someone else's code
Work with me
If you would like to work with me on a project, please get in touch and let's talk!
Ever feel a little bit overwhelmed with the number of code libraries that are available? Take a look at this post and feel a bit better about the world.
Visual Event for Opera
Victor Grischenko has wrapped Visual Event up in an Opera extension, making it even easier to use Visual Event in Opera now.
Why Visual Event
Mark Haller of LogicSpot does a superb job of introducing the exact reasons for which I created Visual Event!
Bullet time surfing
What could possibly be cooler than surfing? Surfing with bullet time captures - amazing work from Rip Curl. Seriously - watch the video!
Big changes for Flash
This week Adobe has announced an end to mobile Flash development and Flex now appears to be heading out of the door as well.